Monday, March 7, 2011

Finals Week, Day 1

Here is today in a nutshell, simply because I need a break from studying.

I woke up.

I ate chocolate cake for breakfast.

I studied Natural History.

I listened to a brilliant thesis defense about women as historical agents.

I studied more Natural History.

I talked about how nervous I was to take my Natural History oral.

I read Psalm 121, because someone heard me freaking out and conveniently had it printed.

I took my Natural History oral.

I did not cry during my Natural History oral.

I cried approximately 5 seconds after leaving my Natural History Oral.

I looked stupid.

I went to the bathroom, looked at the sorry sight of a girl with puffy eyes, no make-up, and seriously poofy hair, and told her to get a grip.

{Don't ask why I was crying. I haven't figured that out yet. I was happy enough with my grade, but I was so nervous going into it, and once I was done--all this pent-up something just came out of my tear ducts.}

I decided to wait in the bathroom until I looked normal.

I realized I didn't have that much time.

I visited the school secretary's desk and raided her candy bowl.

I went home.

I ate chocolate pie.

I watched an episode of The Dick van Dyke Show. "Oh Rob!!!"

I worked on my history timeline.

I went to a study group.

We talked about monks and time and Bede and King Radbod. Okay, I talked about King Radbod. Wikipedia tells me his name is also Redbad, but where's the fun in that?

I ate chocolate pie. Again.

I came home and threatened to put my boarder-brother's name in the church bulletin under the "Expectant Mothers" prayer list.

I decided I like my job too much to risk losing it.

I wrote this blog post.

Next up: history timeline.

Adios.

P.S. Yes, I did have chocolate cake/pie at every single meal. No, I don't regret this.





5 comments:

  1. Was King Radbod at all related to Pope Formosus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any day that includes Laura Petrie and chocolate pie is a good day! Hang in there, Tara! I'll be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure all that chocolate will totally negate all the stress in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First day of break ...

    Body crashes from stress and sweets. But don't worry you'll start feeling better in time for the start of the next session. No breaks for you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did the right thing! I would totally cry after my Natural History oral (If I had any oral)! And chocolate always helps. Hang in there. I enjoyed your blog entry. Ahlem

    ReplyDelete