Monday, October 5, 2009

Finals

I have my first oral exam tomorrow (Tuesday).

I've been skimming over all my notes and things I starred/underlined. Side-note: writing in books is no longer a cardinal sin in my eyes, but I still can't bring myself to highlight books. Study notes, yes. Books, no. Seeing beautiful words covered in neon ink makes me want to cry.

Not really.

Ok, really. But I hate admitting that, because it makes me sound like a snob.

Highlighters of the world, I don't look down on you for your decision to color every page of every book you're ever read with garish shades of ink. Just don't do it to my books (or anything you've borrowed from the library...), and we'll get along just fine.

Anyway . . . . I was going to tell you about finals. But now it's time for me to go to bed, because falling asleep during my oral final at 9am tomorrow morning is probably one of the worst things that could happen.

Actually, I can think of a lot worse things. Like failing. Or realizing I'd forgotten to wear pants that day. Or saying something totally heretical and accidentally attributing it to Calvin. Things like that.

Boy, I feel great now. I'm not worried about a thing. Ha.

Back to studying. I always forget what a genius Augustine was until I read what he wrote. Then it makes me want to crawl under a rock and never write or speak again because I will never be as awesome as him.

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing & speaking and don't crawl under a rock because you are awesome TARA (not Augustine). I do hope you remember your pants today. Have fun at 9am!

    ReplyDelete