Friday, July 10, 2009

Last year on this day...

Two of my favorite people got married...

I think I was as excited as they were. ;) I felt like I was going to explode from sheer joy.

The first few tries of this picture were unfortunately focused in on "But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints." While certainly good advice, I think skipping down a few lines was a good idea. :)



The veil did it. At first, she wasn't planning on having one, but she tried one on in the bridal store at one of her fittings, and I about fell out of my chair when I saw her. She suddenly wasn't just my sister in a fancy dress...she was a bride. Yeah, Tara...you don't miss much, do you? Moral of the story: though the practical might say "Why would I want a piece of tulle hanging in front of my face for half the ceremony?", listen to the people who say, "It can't hurt to try on one..."



Putting on boutonnieres. Spelling "boutounnieres." I stink at both.

I've always wanted to be a witness on someone's marriage license. I don't think this had any legal importance, since I was only seventeen at the time, but they let me sign it anyway, and yes, it was the highlight of the day for me. Seeing Leah and David being united in holy matrimony before God was a close second.


The only speech that I have actually enjoyed giving. :) It's so easy to say nice things about those two.


I'm not sure why, but I find wooden fences so romantic.


Can you say "Broadway musical?" Haha, being in this wedding party was so much fun. :)

David and Leah, congratulations on winning the prestigious "Tara's Favorite Couple of the Year" award. Continue being awesome, and you might be repeat champions. Thank you also for getting married on 7/11, because it means that every year on your anniversary, I can celebrate by getting a free slurpee.


No comments:

Post a Comment