Saturday, August 15, 2009

Catching up...

I'm trying to get caught up on this blog, because I know that when school starts, I will have WAY less time.

I started moving into my new home on Thursday, but tonight will be the first time I actually spend the night here. God has been so good to me--I LOVE my housing situation. The family I'm with is too amazing for words. I feel so at home here--it's just spectacularly wonderful. I've had so much fun unpacking my stuff and rearranging my room. I actually have more bathroom space here than I did at home! :)

I've spent most of my time running errands (yay Wal*Mart!). I also had to set up a bank account, and learn how to do grown-up things like deposit checks. ;) It's rather embarrassing, but every time I say the name of my bank, I feel the urge to break out into song just like in a certain musical. Coolness points if you know which one. ;)

I picked up my books from the school the other day. I'll take a picture of them later. I also had to sing for the music teacher. Choir is required, but you still have to "try out." It was painful. I'm glad it was private. "Joy to the World" has never had such a rough start...

I had lunch a few days ago with two sophomores and one freshman. They were super sweet, and the sophomores gave us some great tips and encouragement. The people at this school are so friendly. I love it.

We had a freshman BBQ today at our Rhetoric teacher's house. I enjoyed meeting the other freshman girls, but I didn't meet any of the freshman guys. We just naturally segregated ourselves, and no one was brave enough to cross the gender line. I really wanted to shake things up and go introduce myself, but I conformed. Shame on me! Next time, I will be brave.

Tomorrow is church! :)

2 comments:

  1. So Idaho has awkward turtles and I thought they were native to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what song it is, but you already know how cool I am. :)

    -Leah

    ReplyDelete