Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I hate thinking of titles.

Classes have started. I feel overwhelmed, but in a good way. I'm not panicking yet. For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truly thankful. :)

I think as this academic term goes on, the quality of writing on my blog will deteriorate. It already has, I'm sure. I don't even proof-read this thing. ;) I need to conserve my mental energy for that which really matters...and this blog is not one of those things. ;)

The school work here is tough. It's incredibly difficult, but so rewarding. And I actually care about my assignments for once, so that makes it easier to have a good attitude.

I have had to read faster than I ever have before. The teachers give us massive reading assignments, and expect them completed next class period. I spend a lot of time on my bed in the basement with my pink fuzzy blanket wrapped around me. My basic day is to get up sometime between 6:00 and 7:00. Study. Dress. Breakfast. Study. Class. Lunch. Study. Maybe more classes. Study. Bed at 11:00.

With lots of random roommate conversation in between to keep us all sane.

So yes, a lot of studying. But don't feel sorry for me. I love it. :)


3 comments:

  1. We'll take any leftover mental energy that you can spare - we're thankful for whatever you write! Glad you're loving it!
    Auntie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Rob Noland and I'm an NSA sophomore (also, incidentally, from Florida). I don't think we met at the freshmeet but NSA being as small as it is we should meet sometime soon. I found last year that blogging was a pretty good warm-up for (or break from) Lordship and rhetoric papers, not to mention all the readings. Perhaps you will find the same. So, blog on and study hard (now there's some great sophomoric wisdom).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Auntie K! :)

    Hello, Rob! Yay for fellow Floridians. Looking foward to meeting you in person. :)

    ReplyDelete