Sunday, September 20, 2009

Because I'm sure you all care about my hair...

I was reading Proverbs 16:31 a few nights ago . . . "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life."


Yesterday, while brushing my hair, I discovered that I have moved two more strands in the direction of a righteous life.


Yeah, I'm trying to ignore the possibility that I just got really rotten hair genes from my parents. These aren't the first gray hairs I've found. I used to just yank them out, but I've stopped that. I'd rather end up like my mom (gray at 30) than my dad (bald at 30).


Uh-oh. That reminds me of something else I read in the Bible...the story about the two she-bears gobbling up forty-two kids because they called Elijah "bald head."


That story totally freaked me out as a kid, because I once told my father than his hair didn't fall OUT, it fell IN and clogged his brain. (Do you remember that, Dad?)


I didn't understand. Everyone laughed when Buddy said it to the bald guy on The Dick van Dyke Show! Life Lesson #780: don't repeat everything you hear on TV.


Also, stay away from she-bears.

6 comments:

  1. I actually do remember that cruel comment but I interceded for you anyway. I don't like she-bears gobbling up my kids.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sorry for being a disrespectful brat, and it was jolly decent of you to protect me from the claws of angry forest animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That verse is really encouraging to me. I have more gray hair than you do. I was thinking of buying some dye today, actually, but I think I will wear the gray with pride for awhile longer. Thanks, Tara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On second thought, pride isn't righteous...I will wear it with humility. ;)

    By the way, this is Stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara,

    Not to rub it in, but I don't think I've gotten a gray hair yet. You must have gotten the second-daughter gray hair genes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe you can thank Grandpa for any gray hair that you may have.

    ReplyDelete